Sunday, December 28, 2008

Blurred Vision


Inspired by the news that Blur are to reunite, I thought I'd share this titillating titbit with you all (actually, I just wanted to get another post in before the end of the year). As any of the 115 (have you nothing better to do with your time??) people who've taken a peek at my profile will know, I am 3rd from the left on the second row.
Now, folks, get your magnifying glasses out and scan along the third row to the middle, where at about 9th from the left you will discover none other then Mr. David Rowntree, later to go on and drum with aforementioned Britpoppers. Rather embarassingly, seeing as I make my money selling CDs and am supposed to know a wee bit about what's happening in the world of commercial entertainment, I never realised this until a school reunion a couple of years ago. (No, Mr. R. did not attend - probably had to fly his private jet over the Virgin Islands to keep the engine(s) ticking over - but there was a Lot of Talk...)
Anyways, now I'm up and posting, I'd just like to say a huge THANK YOU! to everyone who's ever posted on here, because I've loved just about everything I've ever encountered. Having served the kids their Christmas dinner from my sick bed, I'm now looking forward to trying out my new headphones (thank you Santa!) on the Festive 'Spill, FP's Christmas playlist, and finally finally finally getting to hear the podcasts.

Happy New Year to us all!

11 comments:

Abahachi said...

Nothing better to do with my time? Loads of things, actually, but that doesn't mean I'm actually going to do any of them... Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Hey DebbyM. Enjoy the Chrimbo music but you DO need to be 'in vino' before you click on the green one. Otherwise you might feel the need to open some crackers to mop up all that cheese...

goneforeign said...

Now what you didn't mention Ms Debbs is that if you click on the pic you don't need a magnifier, we can see you and that dorky looking bloke very clearly, I always enjoy seeing what 'we' look like.

treefrogdemon said...

If we hadn't moved away from Colchester in 1981, my kids would've gone to school with Damon...

Blimpy said...

My bro-in-law gave me Alex James' autobio for xmas - signed by the cheesemaking fop himself. Will that do?

Anonymous said...

@gf
Well, you learn something new every day: being barely computer literate I honestly did not realise you could get that photo any bigger than the teensy rectangle housed on my desktop! And now I am able to recognise that Mr. R is the TENTH from the left...
@tfd
And this photo was indeed taken in Colchester, albeit a little later than 1981

goneforeign said...

There's something slightly odd going on here, I spent about half an hour yesterday trying to figure it out, without success. I started by scrolling down the Spill and dbl. clicking on all the pics, only a couple reacted by getting large, so I came back and dragged Debby's pic to my desktop and did a 'get info', it was a 12K jpg. I opened it in Photoshop and it looked awful, as you'd expect of a 12K.
I next went to the large version and tried to pull that to my desktop, to no avail so I copied and pasted it there, 'get info' gave me a 228K jpg. but since it was an archive file in Safari I couldn't open it in Photoshop. What I'm not clear about is why the pic changes from 12K to 228K when dbl. clicked, anyone else bored enough to think about it? Where do all the extra K's come from?
And Debby, #10 looks more like it, #9 looks like my dorky PhD brother.

goneforeign said...

ps; I just accidentally noticed that if you go to the 'what I did on my winter vacation' pic and place the mouse anywhere adjacent to the pic, even just under the W in 'what' and click it, it will give you a huge pic?
What's going on here?

steenbeck said...

Nice picture, DebbyM. I hope you're feeling better.

Here's my very random, thrice-removed dose of name dropping...Zach Condon bought my brother's friend's house! I was very impressed.

saneshane said...

That Mr. James fellow still owes me a beer!

around the time of 'popscene' being on a magazine cover mount tape (Lime Lizard maybe) Alex was visiting .. he knew a friend of mine and was sat with us in a club.

I did flyers and knew the staff, so got served first.. bastard didn't get his round in.... never payed for any of their music because of that!
(if I'd known they were in 60 grand of debt I wouldn't of been so bitter about it, ok now though I'm guessing)

Anonymous said...

More tenuous Bluranecdotes:

I was hanging out in Primrose Hill one day during the Britpop years with Dave The Dealer, when I spied Graham Coxon. My gf at the time was a huge Coxon fan, so I decided to take a photo of him (cos I was at Art School i had a camera with me, in my satchel).

He went into an offy, and I waited patiently for him to come out again. Which never happened. After a fashion I went into the offy, which was empty aside from the girl behind the counter.

To this day I've never worked out where Coxon vanished to. He must have had some sort of secret stairway that led from the offy to his flat. This kinda makes sense cos it was at the height of his boozy years....