Tuesday, August 18, 2009
EOTWQ's - a little early!
I know it's a little early and last week was a late starter, but i'm off to Sweden first thing on Thursday and wanted a chance to read the replies. It's more difficult than it looks to come up with 5 questions!
1. Despite my non-religious tendencies, i'm a bit of a romantic believer in fate. So what is the biggest co-incidence you have ever experienced? or what event has caused you think that something or someone can only have been attributed to fate's fickle charms?
2. Instead of "what's your best/most/favourite....?" type questions, which give us hindsight and can allow a veil of cool, I prefer the honesty of the random. As we can't mention music, what book(s) are you reading RIGHT NOW (or at least what was the last book you read)? And why did you buy/borrow/pick up the book in the first place?
3. Despite a less than charming social awkwardness, i've never been afraid to have an off-kilter hairstyle or to sport an unusual trouser, but I do have fairly modest limits , imposed by fear of ridicule more than anything (i've settled into a semi-comfortable mod-casual wardrobe of done-up-too-tight Fred Perrys and V-necks over the years). What sartorial item have you always fancied wearing (and secretly think would actually look really really cool) but have never had the courage to actually wear?
4. What ONE thing (it can be political/cultural/educational/silly whatever) would you like to change about your country (or adopted country for us migrants)? You have unlimited (and not necessarily realistic!) power.
5. It's easy to be self-deprecating, but more difficult to do the opposite. So, what is your greatest virtue?