Friday, July 3, 2009

Hello, it's you I'm looking for.

Hello, everyone. It's been a long time since I've been involved, thanks to the usual family tragedies etc. that can take a person back into the real world and away from relative frivolities. I've been trying to keep up with the Mothership as much as possible, but I haven't been here in some months. I flatter myself that it's been noticed (as a result of two emails that are woefully overdue answers, I hope you know who you are, and accept my apologies), but I'm going to try to be more of a part of the community again. Anyway, having said that, what better way to reestablish myself than with a fantastic song cast in a wholly different light?



And on that bombshell, I'll hand it over to a pro to help me sign off on my first post in way too long. I've missed you all. Play me off, keyboard cat!

10 comments:

DarceysDad said...

Welcome back then, Catcher.

Maybe it's the late hour, but I'm completely thrown.

Is that Greg Dulli singing? I can't place the song.

Catcher said...

It is indeed, Afghan Whigs' " '66 ". Thanks for the welcome back, it's much appreciated.

AliMunday said...

Here's another welcome back. Hope all is well.

steenbeck said...

Hello Catcher!! Welcome back. You've been missed.

TracyK said...

Echoes of the above, nice to see your name again! Hope all is well with you, after your troubling times.

Proudfoot said...

Hi Catcher. I've been gone for a bit too, won't go into reasons. That Afghans is going straight on my undeRRated disc for our hook-up on the 18th.

Catcher said...

Thanks for the warm welcome back, everyone, I really can't tell you how nice it is to be back.

Proudfoot, sorry to hear you've had your own problems, it's nice to see you back too. And I'm delighted you also like that Afghan Whigs song.

DarceysDad & Proudfoot - I don't know if you know Ted Demme's film 'Monument Avenue', I don't think it ever got a release this side of the Atlantic, I saw it at a film festival, introduced by Dennis Leary. Anyway, the point of this is that Greg Dulli had a small part in it and did a few songs for it, including an early version of the song that turned up as 'Love' on the first Twilight Singers album. I hadn't heard it in over a decade, despite my best efforts, until last night, so here's a link. I think it's beautiful, I hope you'll enjoy it too (and if you ever find an audio version of it on your travels, please, please let me know):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aquMTc1gzc

Catcher said...

OOps, forgot to say about the Dulli song, it was credited as 'Black Love' in the film's credits. The song made such an impression, I always remembered that.

DarceysDad said...

Catcher, have I got your email address? If you email me (click on my nom-de-blog), I think I have something for you!

Catcher said...

DarceysDad, there's an email winging its way to you, and if it is what I think it is, consider yourself owed a kidney if ever you need one!