Monday, February 18, 2008

Barry Adamson

Quite a few people mentioned The Man With The Golden Arm on RR this week, but I think I said on the blog that for me the Barry Adamson version is such a belter I find the original kind of pales by comparison. Dunno - maybe it's just one of those times when the first version you hear of a track will alway be the definitive one, whether it's a cover or not.






(I'm having the same problems as DsD with podbean titles, so TMWTGA is track 1 and the others are The Big Bamboozle (also nominated this week) and his entertaining jazzed up take on the Bond theme (someone really needs to get him to do a Bond soundtrack sometime))

3 comments:

el derino said...

or in actual fact apparently I'm not having that problem...

ejaydee said...

When is this from?

Anonymous said...

Man With The Golden Arm was the first thing he did after leaving the Bad Seeds - 1988 maybe? The Bond theme is off Soul Murder which came out in the early 90s and The Big Bamboozle is from Oedipus Shcmoedipus, which was mid-90s