If any of you are readers of the AV Club (and if not, you should be) you might have seen this already, but it was quite a fun quiz so I thought I'd engage in a bit of shameless plagiarism and post it over here (they can't complain since they took it out of a book anyway...).
I managed a fairly pathetic two fully correct and two half right - I'm expecting a much better performance from the rest of you...
What Do These Sets Of Bands Have In Common?
1. The Bee Gees, The Breeders, Nelson, The Proclaimers
2. Alphaville, Bad Company, Fine Young Cannibals, 10,000 Maniacs
3. a-ha, Duran Duran, Garbage, Paul McCartney & Wings
4. Badfinger, The Band, Joy Division, Nirvana
5. Blind Faith, Cream, Derek & The Dominoes, The Yardbirds
6. The Carpenters, Gary Lewis & The Playboys, Genesis, Rare Earth
7. Belle & Sebastian, Franz Ferdinand, Simple Minds, Travis
8. Bad Company, Iron Maiden, Kool & the Gang, New Kids On The Block, Train
9. The Charlatans, Dinosaur Jr., Green Jelly, Suede
10. Air Supply, Steely Dan, T-Rex, The White Stripes
11. The Byrds, Destiny’s Child, ‘N Sync, The Ohio Express
12. Death Cab For Cutie, Judas Priest, Radiohead, Shakespear’s Sister
13. Five For Fighting, The Flaming Lips, The Kinks, R.E.M.
14. Frankie Goes To Hollywood, It’s A Beautiful Day, They Might Be Giants, Yo La Tengo