Summer has finally arrived and the weather has turned sunny and hot. Salad time! My lunch break disappeared in a cloud of smoke today (too much on) and so I rushed around the corner to pick up something quick from my favourite Italian deli. They were selling a rather good chicken salad and, as I de-constructed the recipe in my head, I thought you lot might just like it. It's a very good way of using up any leftovers from sunday chicken dinner - if anyone can eat sunday chicken dinner in this heat!
- - Pieces of cold chicken cut off your leftover roast
- - Carrots and green beans cooked so they're still crisp and crunchy
- Put whole lot in a large tupperware.
- Mix up some olive oil with some pesto and pour over.
- Chop up some fresh basil and add this.
- Slice up half a lemon and add.
- Add a handful of pine kernals.
- Shake up the whole lot and put the lid on. Leave in the fridge all day so that the pesto, lemon and basil can work its way though the whole lot.
Anyone else got any good mixed salad recipes? It's just too hot to eat anything else at the mo!