Thursday, June 26, 2008
4 Little Birds
This was my birthday present from Malcolm--it's a picture of 4 little birds, a sequel to the Bob Marley song.
For all of us getting on in scores of years, here are Satchel Paige's Rules for Staying Young...
1. "Avoid fried meats which angry up the blood."
2. "If your stomach disputes you, lie down and pacify it with cool thoughts."
3. "Keep the juices flowing by jangling around gently as you move."
4. "Go very light on the vices, such as carrying on in society — the social ramble ain't restful."
5. "Avoid running at all times."
6. "And don't look back — something might be gaining on you."
He forgot 7. "drink loads of red wine."