Friday, July 4, 2008

Mostly Autumn

Well, on the recommendation of Kalyr, aka Tim, I bought their latest CD, Glass Shadows in Fopp on Monday.

I have listened through it four times now and I rather like it. Definitely Pink Floydy in places and a bit Genesisish in others but pretty good.

I have to say that I was surprised to see it in there.

While I was there I took the opportunity to snaffle a couple of good oldies for a fiver each, both with bonus tracks too; Split by The Groundhogs (with a live BBC session as the extras) and whatevershebringswesing by Kevin Ayers.

I used to have both on vinyl but the Kevin Ayers one got nicked at a party about 20 years ago and I gave Split to a friend about ten years ago because I'd gone off it. I am glad to have both back again.

1 comment:

Tim (Kalyr) said...

The Pink Floyd influence I can hear - It's obvious on the title track, and on some of Bryan Josh's solos elsewhere, but I can't hear much Genesis myself. Not that I'm denying it's there, I know some of the band do like mid-period Genesis.

As I said in my review, I'm too much a fan to be able to review it impartially.