Wednesday, January 27, 2010
I shall wear my trousers rolled EOTWQ
Here are some end of the week questions for the middle of the week. In keeping with the history topic, these are sort of about our personal histories...
1. Do you have a proustian "madeleine"? Is there some food or song or smell that transports you back to a childhood memory?
2. We recently went ice skating. It was fun, but after a few times around, I was ready to go somewhere warm. It got me thinking about how my idea of funness has changed over the years. What did you used to find fun that you don't anymore. What do you find fun now that you never did when you were younger? Is there something childish you still find fun, even as an adult?
3. Where were you 10 years ago? 20? You can keep going back by decade if you like, but I know some of us aren't 30 yet.
4. There has been some talk on the mothership about applying lessons from history to our current actions. Have you ever done that in your own life? Is there something you keep doing despite what your experience tells you?
5. What's your earliest memory? Or, you know, an early memory, if you can't pinpoint your earliest? Is there some story people tell about you when you were little to the point that you can't tell if you actually remember it or you just know the story too well?
Did I already ask all these questions, I half feel like I did. Phew, my memory is going!