Thursday, January 14, 2010

Whither The Space Age? aka Where's My Jetpack, Eh?






Now, I would never normally consider re-posting anything from Vice Magazine's Dos and Don'ts; it's just that the accompanying description of this photo concurred with my lament that the Space Age I was promised in 2010 hasn't really arrived. . .

"If there's one thing 2010 clears out, I hope it's all the fake nostalgia for "e'ers longe gone" and wearing ratty compilation outfits that make you look like a time-travelling street urchin. Let's make this the year humans finally start dressing our age."



6 comments:

barbryn said...

"We were brought up on the space race / Now they expect us to clean toilets"

'Spill points for the first person to name the singer.

B=Mc2 said...

I should really have posted a track by the band We Were Promised Jetpacks....

ToffeeBoy said...

I was just thinking that myself, blimpy.

Best new band name for ages!

Luke-sensei said...

that photo was taken just round the corner from Mrs J's shop by the way!

Blimpy said...

oh japanther....is that your way of telling us something...?... that's you isn;t it? ;-)

Luke-sensei said...

i wish I had the legs to pull off an ensemble like that!