Friday, June 12, 2009

Sacre blue blanc rouge! It's FP's triple whammy


I really feel for Ejay on this one. Where the hell do you start?? Just so much. And indeed one of the joys of living in this fine country - apart from marvellous cheese and wine and sundry other foodstuffs- is the musical culture of the place. So I decided to be very 'cartesien' and structured annd impose a triple kind of blue, blanc, rouge structure on the proceedings. Three playlists for the price of one, in other words. And in this time of crisis it's no bad thing. Cheating? Oh absolutely! Well I haven't done one for a while....



Discover Blondie!

Le bleu: is basically a fun list of 10 songs where the language of Moliere is used by non French singers to evoke mystery, sexiness, nostalgia, romanticism... oh and youngParisiens.. Massive clue there...

Moving on to Le Blanc - this is a list of utter classics. The French can sing these songs by heart and they are part of the collective musical culture of this great country. Indeed, I would strongly advise anyone thinking of moving here to learn all the lyrics pronto. Then you won't feel left out, will you?

Discover Charles Trenet!


And finally Le Rouge which is a list of personal favourites and I really have tried to pick songs I think only Ejay would know. Having said that, I am well impressed by your collective knowledge of French music. Bravo! Darce, there's a "Bertignac moment" in there for you and Shoey, I was undable to leave out 'Face a la mer' by the Negresses. Let's hope our double support will bring out the desired effect.

Discover Manau!


Enjoy and have a week end bien ensoleillé.... bisous a tous - FP.

Update - getting a bit tired of the bugs in the deezer players to tell you the truth. Doesn't work as well as it used to. ... I've spotified the red list here

8 comments:

sourpus said...

Sacre bleu! Trois couleurs?

sourpus said...

Sérieusement...what a great playlist!! FP, you surpassed yourself!

ejaydee said...

Actually, I know songs by all the artists in the liste Rouge, but I don;t know the songs, except La Tribu de Dana, which isn't really my thing, but I'm looking forward to listening, ça fait un bail.
For the liste Blanche, any visitor HAS to learn Les Demons de Minuit, and Tenue de Soirée, surely, and I don't see any Rita Mitsouko, or did I miss it.

FP said...

Glad you enjoyed them, Sourpus. Much head-scratching and pondering went in to those three. And so much left out! Ejay - tout a fait. I did wonder about inflicting Emile et Images on an unsuspecting public. Same dilemma with Bruel and Place des grands hommes. Even I can sing that... Remind me who sang tenue de soirée...? And I've put l'incontournable Marcia baila in the white list. With you Sympathique btw. Wonderful song and in my liste bleue.

ejaydee said...

I think Tenue de Soiree is their name, but I didn't remember the name of the song. I seem to remember Les Inconnues doing a funny parody. Sympathique definitely a popular number, 3 times on the 'Spill!

bethnoir said...

What a wonderful and varied selection! Really enjoyed your choices FP,(although they're illustrating how little I know) thank you :-)

FP said...

Cheers for that Beth! This was one I couldn't keep down to ten! Hope you all have a great, anjoyable and successful week! FP

steenbeck said...

I've had a crazy weekend, but I can't wait to listen, FP. Thanks for putting it all together.