1. "Good News" - Withered Hand
A very late entry and straight to the top of the list; I think time will show this to be a very special record, the nearest comparison being Neutral Milk Hotel's "In The Aeroplane Over The Sea". Yep, that good!
2. s/t - The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
The most innocent joyful noise of the year, sheer indie pop glee!
3. "Flick the Vs" - King Creosote
There's no such thing as a bad KC record, and this one has a couple of his very best songs on it. Fab bonus disc too.
4. "A Brief History of Love" - The Big Pink
This record sounded like a greatest hits of all the indie/shoegaze I listened to when I was a teenager. The loudest played record of the year.
5. "Waxing Gibbous" - Malcolm Middleton
Ahhhh. Malcy Walcy - you miserable old git. Cheers!
6. "Pissing on Bonfires/Kissing with Tongues" - Meursault
A true original new voice, and cracking circuit-bent messed up folk tunes.
7. "Checkmate Savage" - The Phantom Band
PJ Morricone Moog of Mogwai Doo-Wop Doom, if you like that sort of thing. I know I do. Every song sounds different to the last. Their next LP will be mind-blowing.
8. "Secret Soundz" - The Pictish Trail
"Let's have a disco, with all of these people, in our front room"
9. "The Airing of Grievances" - Titus Andronicus
This record sounded like Andrew WK having a fight with Bright Eyes in that car park behind the Queen's Head. Bloody ace. Bloody. And ace!
10. "Sigh No More - Mumford and Sons
As good as Camera Obscura or Health, who both just missed out, only cos I've listened to this a wee bit more.