Thursday, December 10, 2009

I've always wanted to bitch slap eJay

Nah, not really. I just find an interesting headline can distract attention away from the mundanity of my post. Nothing creative here, just four tunes:

Amos Lee - Little Bit of Rain (Karen Dalton cover)

Serena Ryder - The Funeral (Band of Horses cover)
Timothy Molo - Thriller (Michael Jackson cover)

And the completely unnecessary, Luther Wright & the Wrongs - Another Brick In The Wall (Pink Floyd cover)

AND THIS JUST IN: Is Beyonce irreplaceable? I think not:
Robbie Fulks - Irreplaceable
Peculiar Gentlemen - Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)
.

9 comments:

tincanman said...

Can't believe I said mundanity. It's Thursday, doh.

tincanman said...

Hey just ran across this - 10 great rock jams for people who hate rock jams:
http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2009/12/10-jam-band-moments-for-people-who-hate-jam-bands.html
youTube links and all

steenbeck said...

I actually get Paste as an actual magazine. Somebody gave me a subscription. Not really my musical taste, most of the time, but a fun read. This was sort of funny, (fits in with the whole "scene" discussion, and the grunge discussion, and the future youth movement discussion...

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2009/12/the-evolution-of-the-hipster-2000-2009.html

tincanman said...

I've just been following it online the past few weeks. Never heard of it before. Like you, I'm finding a lot of it not really to taste. Not sure it knows what it wants to be when it grows up.

Shoey said...

Don't think you could reach.

tincanman said...

And to think I used to look up to you Shoey

ejaydee said...

Hey!!
You're lucky I won't be there until tomorrow morning so we can settle this. Why you little...

tincanman said...

How convenient for you that I won't be here in the morning. I have to get my shoes Sarkozkied.

Blimpy said...

karen dalton? i likey...