Saturday, December 5, 2009

Meaty



Bessie Smith - Gimme a Pigfoot
Skip James - Hard Time Killin Floor
Blind Boy Fuller - I Crave My Pigmeat
Inspirations - Take Back Your Duck
Lee Perry - Roast Fish and Cornbread
Mandrill - Mango Meat
Roy Eldridge - Fish Market
Tom Waits - Filipino Box Spring Hog
TW - Dog Treat
Jazz Butcher - I Need Meat
Moldy Peaches - Steak For Chicken
ATC!Q - Ham n Eggs
Immortal Technique - Beef & Broccoli
Nas Ft. Busta Rhymes - Fried Chicken
Dead Prez - Be Healthy
Dead Prez - Animal in Man
Outkast - Skew it on the Bar B Q

6 comments:

saneshane said...

I can definitely say 'I need meat' is from my record.. the crackles line up perfectly...

glad you put up 'animal in man' smart track.

will check the rest later.. a lot of listening tonight I think.. looks cool tho..

Blimpy said...

i'm gonna cook me some massive burgers....num nums!!

bishbosh said...

My first thought when I saw this week's topic was, "There can't be many songs worth listening to about meat, surely?!" Turns out there are loads - I just didn't know any of them! Thanks so much for the introduction to so much great music, steen. If your noms don't feature highly in this week's A list, I shall eat my (pork pie) hat. bb x

steenbeck said...

Aw shucks, BB. I have to say, though, that this week, like any other, numerous people have posted better songs in more genres than I could ever have thought of. It has turned out to be more interesting than I originally thought, though. You're right about that.

Blimpy said...

if someone passed me a pigfoot right now, i'd eat it!

ejaydee said...

I meant to say, I'd love to try meat cooked in a hole at some point in my life, like in Filipino Box Spring Hog. It's that time of the year on British TV where there always seems to be someone cooking some delicious beast in preparation for Christmas. Nom nom indeed.