Wednesday, December 30, 2009

After careful consideration..

My album of the decade: A Camp (the eponymous debut) 2001

Not a note out of place, not a wasted moment. Perfect from end to end and in exactly the order presented. Many people, it seems, love their album from this year ('Colonia' - and it is truly great..perhaps in another ten years, i'll be writing about it) but I prefer the first album. Like The Sunday's Reading, Writing and Arithmetic (apparently also a big influence on A Camp's Nina Persson) this an album which never stops thrilling me with its charm. You know when you're on to a real winner when this keeps happening.

Got one?











7 comments:

glasshalfempty said...

A Camp had passed me by, but this is really good stuff - thanks. And talking of Nina Persson, she appears a couple of times on the very wonderful 'Dark night of the soul' from Sparklehorse and Dangermouse. (This is another example of what a complete cock-up Guy Hands is making of EMI. He's forced them to release it as a free album, due to some sort of copyright wrangle. So get it as a torrent with a free conscience.)

Makinavaja said...

Glad this is back! I had missed this and it's ace. I love Nina Persson's voice. Will be getting a copy...

saneshane said...

all messed up in the too many drugs context for my memories sourpus..
But if it's your album of the decade then I'll re-listen with added interest....
now in one of the boxes here I have a copy!

Shoey said...

Ah, there it is. Was begining to think it was a hallucination brought on by too much whisky.

Blimpy said...

I'm glad it's back too - will listen with fresh ears the morn, hopefully.

sourpus said...

So good to hear you're all so taken with it. I bought my first copy in Russia and left it there with ex-girlfriend (silly bugger!) but its an album I wouldnt want to be without - a desert island disc certainly.

When I heard Nina sing ('I can buy you') "Somebody told me catchers keep", I was properly sent, and never really came home.

Hey, what about a 'best gig of 2009which you attended' thread (You Tube has most of em thanks to the mobile phone), or even a You Tube find of the year?

This would probably be mine - yet more Swedes im afraid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMrqBldlqzA

Blimpy said...

finally got to listen, and very good it is too.