Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Forces of Vicktry - gremlinfc salutes you


Grandad gremlinfc playing an old role- any idea who the quotes are from?
1.“The greater our innocence, the greater our strength and the swifter our victory”
2.“Character is victory organized.”
3."One must start with the impossible in order to reach the possible."
4."The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. "
5."The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
6."A map of the world that does not include Utopia is not worth glancing at".
7."If you don't stand for something , you will fall for anything".
And finally summat from a true philosafa...
"If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”

10 comments:

gremlinfc said...

In no particular order:
a. Thomas Paine
b. Malcolm X
c. Gandhi
d. Oscar wilde
e. Napoleon
f. Herman Hesse
g. Ali
Not giving away the last one though...

AliMunday said...

Gremlin, I have no idea but I deny having said any of these - Ali ;-)

Makinavaja said...

The only one I'm sure of is Winnie the Pooh!

gordonimmel said...

Ali is number 4, I saw that the other day.

And I read or heard No. 6 recently but can't remember who it was attributed to and I don't want to google it. My best guess for that one would be Oscar Wilde. It's typical of him.

And I should know the Napoleon one seeing as I've been reading about him for most of my natural. Er, No. 3? Again that one has a ring of familiarity.

ejaydee said...

7 is Malcolm X.

gremlinfc said...

EJD spot on my friend - point to you.
Gordonimmel- correct for no.6. and no.4. - deux points!
Mr. Maki- muy inteligente - numero...?
@Alimunday - can you be sure of that?!?

gordonimmel said...

OK, if Boney isn't No.3 he must be No.5. That's just the sort of thing he would have said before sending 10,000 men to their deaths infront of the Grand Redoubt at Borodino

Makinavaja said...

Buena pregunta. I claim my spill point for the mystery quotation at the end of your post.

The Glass Bead Shane said...

3 is herman hesse

gremlinfc said...

Saneshanesanssens gets the Hermann Hesse - point to you Sir.
Mr. Maki gets the mystery quote courtesy of wickle Winnie ve Pooh.
No. 2 is Napoleon.
That leaves...1 and 5...