Wednesday, October 14, 2009
I hope no-one objects to me doing them this week, I had a rare afternoon off (not a whole day of course, that would be too much to ask!) so had a bit of time. Here goes:
1. I'm sure we have all been credit crunched this year and tightened our belts in different places (I know I certainly have), but what item or luxury do you steadfastly refuse to skimp on no matter how crunched you get?
2. I don't know about where you are but "smart cards" are really big over here. I put ¥10,000 on it every couple of weeks and it pays for my many many train journeys, drinks from vending machines and lunch from convenience stores (and some restaurants) all at a swipe of a sensor. Which brings us to that perennial bane of my life; coins - what do you do with them? Pocket? Wallet/purse? Separate coin purse? Collect in a jar?
3. Have you ever had a moment of epiphany? That one Eureka moment when everything suddenly made sense?
4. In Japan, all through their life (school, University, work) people have various people they refer to as their "Senpai" which can be translated simply as "senior person" or on a deeper level as "mentor". So, have you ever had any kind of mentor that you looked up to and what did they teach you?
5. To end on a positive note, what has been your best "blessing in disguise"?