Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Wednesday's end of the week questions.
1. What's the best present you've ever given/ what's the best present you've ever been given?
2. A friend of mine recently wrote "there are 2 kinds of people...people who believe there are two kinds of people, and everyone else." I used to think everyone was either a brat or a bully. An old friend used to say everybody is either a fool or a knave, and another old friend used to say everyone was either a big goon or an evil gnome. Have you ever developed a reductive theory about humankind? Or heard of any that you'd like to share?
3. If you could go back and have a drink with your 20-year-old self, what would you talk about? What advice would you impart?
4. I don't think of myself as superstitious, but somehow I've taught my boys some superstitions I've picked up along the way...If you kill a spider it will rain. SHoes on tables and hats on beds are bad luck. If your nose itches it means somebody is thinking about you (Left = brown-eyed, Right = blue). Are there any superstitions that you grew up with? Are there any that are specific to the region where you live? Any that you actually believe, whether you're willing to admit it or not?
5. (sorry, music-related) If you could be in a band, what would it be called? What kind of music would you play?