Thursday, October 8, 2009

Just in case ..........



Just in case anyone wants to check out this RR regular-rank-outsider, up close and personable; News just in of a Peter Hammill solo show at Cadogan Hall in London on 31st January with exclusive pre-booking of front stalls via this link prior to tickets going on general sale next Wednesday. I'll be in AA18 so don't sit behind me 'cos I'm a tall b**ger and you'll be miffed at the restricted view ... doubly miffed if you've paid £30 for the pleasure ;)

I might be wearing a hat like this too; January can be nippy.





As good a place as any to flag up the new Luke Haines album featuring the excellent track 'Peter Hammill' , have a listen ...

" I was a wallflower child, caught out in the razzle dazzle; I'm gonna get myself together, just like Peter Hammill ... "

New live dates for LP, including the Luminaire in London on 25th November

Luke Haines' Website

4 comments:

tincanman said...

I see his Manchester concert is at the deaf institute? How do you sign chord changes?

DarceysDad said...

Tatanka, what is that logo? I could have sworn I saw it writ large on the back of a white van today.

TatankaYotanka said...

DsD ... it's Peter Hammill's longstanding monogram, made up from all the letters of his name: Appeared on his second solo album in 1973 and on every one since ... but I suspect its origins lie even earlier in a doodle in some 5th form notebook.

TatankaYotanka said...

There has been an ongoing campaign to get Mr Kipling to use it as the icing motif on a limited edition of individual Cherry Bakewells; PH having lived in Derby. If you saw it on the back of a truck, maybe it's finally happened.