Friday, November 28, 2008

Briefs

Afternoon all. Anything happen whilst I was away?

The Frods are having a quick pitstop, washing the bedding, pumping up the tyres, fixing the leaking bits, that sort of thing. It means we have a day and a bit of internet, so I thought I'd just say hello.

Thus far we have managed to make a big, satisfying loop of Belgium and Holland in which the highlights were many - Brugges, Ghent and Maastricht being particularly bejewelled. We have spent some more (slightly enforced) time in Kent whilst wrinkles have been ironed out and now we are aiming squarely toward Ireland, to dot various 'I's and cross various 'T's (once the Manchester Derby has been taken in on Sunday, that is).

After that we are going to come back via Scotland and will be around both ends of the M8 for a week or so. Blimpy, I'm looking at you....

And then it's Christmas, so hometime. Hurrah.

I am kind of keeping a diary, and am kind of considering making a blog out of it, but internet access is very sporadic so it may take a bit of thinking about. Other than that, I need to get on to shoey's festive tracks and probably should avoid a massive-looking RR as time is a bit short.

There now follows a picture of a bus with an unexpected destination and a picture of Brugges. Olé.










Happy Thanksgiving and all that, y'hear?

11 comments:

tincanman said...

Do you need a driveway in Birkenehad?

tincanman said...

that's Birkenhead grrr

Abahachi said...

Re bus: have you ever been to Ashford? 'Nuff said.

Abahachi said...

Yes, Birkenehad is just south of Kabul. Much less dangerous.

tincanman said...

Not on a Saturday night

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well with pumping the leaky bits & fixing the bedding. Great to hear from you.

Now where is FP?

Blimpy said...

Bus 666? Is that the highway to Hull?

snadfrod said...

Morning.

@tinny - thanks for the offer, you make it sound so welcoming... But seriously we are sorted for a driveway this time, sticking to the good side of Manchester and making an early getaway. As for Birkenehad, I hear they have good chemical toilets there.

@'hachi - that's exactly what I was thinking.

@shoey - cheers, we're getting there at least.

@blimpo - we also saw a number 2 to Nazareth in Maastricht and a 114 to Hoorn in Amsterdam. But that would have been childish to post, right? Right?

Blimpy said...

Not at all. How can I help?

snadfrod said...

How can you help? 'Amusing Public Transport Routes of the World'. You can help me to make it happen. Get your camera and take to the streets. Puns and childish giggles are there to be found. Let's do it.
(By the way, I recognise that Nazareth isn't strictly funny, per se, just a bit surprising to see in South Holland...)

Anonymous said...

I spent my teenage years in Bolton and my parents still live there, just off the A666. It goes to Blackburn (natch!).

@snadfrod, are you actually going to the game tomorrow or just watching it in a pub. I'm a bit more excited about it than I was this time last week but to beat them three times on the run would be asking too much wouldn't it?

By way of contrast I'm off over the hill in a minute to watch my 'local' team, Liversedge FC, in the Northern Counties East League (Premier Division). Me and about 200 others....