Thursday, November 27, 2008

Christmas Is Coming ...

... and DsD is getting fat,
despite a lack of pennies in my old hard hat.
As I can't afford the CDs, CD-Rs will do,
If you haven't had the CD-Rs, please shout "Oi, you!"


Only citrus vodka could give me the chutzpah to post that poetic abuse!!!

Anyway, Shane has - unwittingly, I'm sure - shamed me into putting this one out here. A whole year ago I started to promise people some discs through the post. I have failed to honour that promise on a pretty-much wholesale basis, and in the next fortnight I intend to put it right. So ...

Who wants summary discs of all the attendees' CDs from RR Socials 1&2? I know I *have* actually hand-delivered some to fourfoot, Snadfrod and Abahachi. But not for love-nor-money can I remember what, if anything, I've posted to steenbeck, saneshane, IglooBoogaloo, goneforeign, Blimpy, junks, tracyk, Cauliflower, glasshalfempty, etc., etc., etc. And they're just the ones I know I have addresses for!!

Any 'Spiller/RRer who wants to email me via my profile WILL get a nice little package via Postie of whatever I've promised-but-not-sent, and whatever other compilations I can burn - e.g. I have a double-disc called It's Dark At Christmastime that I'm quite proud of!?!

Cheers and goodnight all. This going to bed twenty minutes before RR launches STILL feels weird, y'know!

:o(

.

8 comments:

saneshane said...

I don't mean to have shamed you into anything DsD.. ...but I want a dark Christmas comp please!!!

Abahachi said...

Haven't managed to get through all of them yet - there's a heck of a lot of music in them there cds - but it's all pretty fantastic so far, and highly recommended to anyone who hasn't heard them yet.

Did the photo come out, by the way?

Anonymous said...

Well, if you're giving away free stuff....

Still play Cd's in the car - iPod has taken over for most of the rest of my listening - apart from the 'Spill of course.

Blimpy said...

soon (xmas) we will be sampling our own plum vodka that's been brewin since september - shame i can't post you any!!

Anonymous said...

@ Abahachi - the pic is still on my phone because I can't figure out how to get it onto the PC. Tried plugging in the USB cable that came with the phone: nothing. Tried to put phone's memory card in PC: incompatible size. Tried Bluetooth: PC is new since I bought the dongle, and won't talk to it. Must've slung out the dongle software disc with the old PC stuff. Still scratching my head ...

@ Blimpy - did I ever send you the CDs I promised first time round?

@ tincanman - did I read you have a contact for webcore? D'you want two copies or could you re-burn some for him?

@ Shoey - aren't I supposed to be hand-delivering yours in February? (Flying into Orlando on the 8th for a fortnight, staying in Kissimmee: how close do I get?)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a plan. Will look into who's playing Downtown or at the House of Blues them weeks.

tincanman2010 said...

I'll just rip them then pass on to webcore and save you time and cost of another set. (He's 10 mins up the road from me)

I can pass on your email to him of you like for future - although he's crap at email

tincanman2010 said...

forgot to click notify me by email of replies

now i have

ignore this