Friday, November 7, 2008

Number 1, in case you'd ever wondered

Just in case you've ever wondered why Field Commander Cohen's famous song is called 'Chelsea Hotel No 2, this is a (rather grainy, less than perfect sound) recording of Chelsea Hotel No 1. The backing singer on the left - about 4 minutes in - is Jennifer Warnes, who toured as one of his backing singers from through the 70s and 80s. Me, I've got my ticket for his concert in Cardiff tomorrow night (Saturday) locked in a safe at the bottom of a disused well

7 comments:

Mnemonic said...

I'm seeing him on 17th in the Albert Hall and I still can't believe I paid that much for a single ticket. I've been to cheaper festivals.

treefrogdemon said...

How much was it?

SkippyisaCult said...

If you've never seen him live, you'll go out into wildest Knightsbridge thinking it was the best dosh you've ever spent: and if you've seen him live before, you'll already know that's how you'll feel.

SkippyisaCult said...

and I'm fairly sure I forked out 35 quid to see him at the Albert Hall 14 years ago.

saneshane said...

The pure joy will be worth every penny..

and Jennifer Warnes has a warm place in my heart for doing the covers album in the late '80s. only a small step to getting shared houses listening to the real deal soon after.

Mnemonic said...

£100. Mainly because I never have seen him before and I love him. Stalls, dead centre, about 12 rows back is where I'll be. I really couldn't face paying for the vertigo nightmare of the O2 for him.

treefrogdemon said...

Respect...