Thursday, March 20, 2008

JAMAICAN TRAVELS AND THE DOORS OF PERCEPTION



Some weeks ago I posted a piece about a story I'd written about an odd character in Guatemala, it was a work in progress and I didn't know how to resolve it. Since then I've found a lot of new info and written a final 'chapter' and also included a lot more photographs of the art involved. There were several nice comments and some real interest, I think you'll find the finale worthwhile.
I've also updated and rewritten a story that's been sitting on my blog for a while, it involves my travels in Jamaica and I've added more details and quite a few photos to illustrate the events. The music is by Monty Alexander.
I think it's finally working, check it at - http://goneforeign.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Blimpy said...

gf - your blog is fascinating, and I enjoy reading it. Makes me wish I could get about a bit more.

goneforeign said...

Blimpy; Do it now, you'll have all sorts of reasons to delay later...

steenbeck said...

Is anyone still checking comments this far back? I just found this poem that reminded me of goneforeign's post a while ago that resulted in a discussion of fruit reminding one of home. It's Claude McKay, a poet born in Jamaica in the 1890s.

goneforeign said...

Yeah, I check it in passing if the numbers change. Thanks for McKay, I have a collection of Jamaican poetry and thanks for posting Bob, I didn't see yours 'til I went looking to see if mine had posted; the more the merrier. I have a hunch it could make the list.