Friday, March 21, 2008

Pretending to have something in my eye




er.. it's probably my hay fever kicking in early this year..

Three tracks I go all weepy over...

The cello, oboe and generally watery mood of Submarine Bells by The Chills...

Keith Jarrett's solo near the end of Inamorata- not the Live-Evil version, but one recorded 4 days earlier on the opening day of the Cellar Door residency.
Miles Davis' group was at a peak here, blending funk, rock and jazz to devastating effect. Jarrett and Gary Bartz in particular explored some emotional extremes in these performances.

I'll repost Bill Evans' performance of the theme from M*A*S*H, which I posted a few weeks ago, it had me prickling up then...
this thunderous performance is heart wrenching but enormously affirming...

(Podbean player removed)

No comments: